In today’s quickly changing event landscape, event apps have steadily caught on as a means of enriching the experience and many event professionals have already employed event apps to boost the interaction and social aspects of live events. With the advances Google has made with their Eddystone URL's this beacon standard allows for the event website to now become a physical interactive space of the event.
Here are the top 7 reasons why the physical web will make the event apps obsolete in 2018:
- Get Rid of app clutter: Event apps have become complex: they offer dozens of features that most events will take but are only useful in certain physical areas such as meeting rooms. These non-relevant features clutter the UI twice: they take up screen real-estate when they are irrelevant and whenever the user taps on them when they shouldn’t. Walk up and use anything is the fundamental message of the physical web and this will be true for events as well: participants will enter any part of the physical environment of an event and will get the targeted content for that particular environment.
- Link and reuse your existing web content!: With an existing website that is most likely mobile-friendly event professionals already do a part of the legwork required for event mobile success. These pieces of content can be easily reused in the physical web presence of the event: agendas, speaker profiles and social media are just some examples of some of the content that can be used inside your physical web.
- Loyalty Programs & offers: Can use beacons to present event attendees with a broadcast of ‘location-specific offers’. Using beacons, you can define targeted ‘micro-locations’ to trigger an alert, an offer or a special discount for a beverage to a patron who is already at the food concession area.
- Deployment : Decrease deployment time. Apps can take months to program and launch. Beacons can be programmed in minutes and you can change the content on the fly with a control dashboard. Also they can be used multiple times so you can re-purpose them for various events and change the content to suit.
- The bottom line: At the end it all comes down to the math: how much time and money do you spend on your event app experience? With the physical web, you’ll be able to get rid of massive capital expenses and the risk that comes with it and employ a technology everyone is already familiar with. With event app developers struggling with the ROI of their products it is easy to see why: in order to serve their customers, they need to employ software engineers to make your event app. Even with some automation in app production there is a massive cost for this that will ultimately be surpassed by the much more friendly approach of the physical web.
If you like this post you may also like "Best Trade Show Use of Proximity Beacons" as well... check it out!
Bluetooth Low Energy proximity beacons cover up to 230ft of area so you only need a few to get your marketing message out. You can purchase beacons for $25 and keep them updated for $25 under a monthly service agreement.
Want more tips like these? Stay tuned to hear more. If you have a question, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are always available to answer your questions through calls, emails or social media. I'm more than happy to organize a time to speak for 15 minutes with you. Please book your preferred time directly.
Here's a link to my online calendar/schedule:
Talk soon, Vic 941.254.2752 visit us for details at https://freephonecharging.com